Welcome to Southport Wreckers
In these terms, we also refer to Southport Wreckers as the “Southport Wreckers Online”, “our”, “we”, or “us”.
And you are you!
What are these terms about?
These terms apply when you use this website, being www.southportwreckers.com and any other websites we operate with the same domain name and a different extension (“Website”).
These terms also apply when you purchase products through this Website (“Products”).
How do I read these terms?
We separated these terms into three parts, so they are easy to read and understand.
Those parts are:
- Part A: Terms for when you buy Products (applies when you buy)
- Part B: Terms for when you browse and interact with this Website (applies when you browse)
- Part C: Liability and other legal terms, and interpretation provisions (applies to both buying and browsing)
Please let us know if you have any questions about these terms, and don’t continue using this Website or purchase any Products unless you have read and agree to these terms.
I’ve returned to your Website, do I need to read these terms again?
Once you place an Order, the terms accepted at the point of sale will apply to your purchase of those Products. However, please note that we may change any part of these terms at any time by updating this page of the Website, so you may find that different terms apply next time you use this Website or purchase Products. You can check the date at the top of this page to see when we last updated these terms.
- For When You Buy Products…
- SUBMITTING AN ORDER
- By submitting an order for purchase of a Product using the Website’s functionality (Order) you represent and warrant that:
- you have the legal capacity and are of sufficient age to enter into a binding contract with us; and
- you are authorised to use the debit card, credit card or other payment method you provide with your Order.
- Submitting an Order constitutes your intention and offer to enter into Part A of these terms (including 0 which you agreed to by using this Website) where we will provide you with the Products you have ordered in exchange for your payment of the total amount listed upon checkout.
- Part A of these terms is not agreed between you and us until we have approved your payment and you receive an email from us confirming that your Order is being processed.
- You may submit an Order either:
- as a guest, or
- through an account by signing-up, registering and receiving the account through the Website (an Account)
- As part of the Account registration process and as part of your continued use of the Website, you may be required to provide personal information and details, such as your email address, first and last name, preferred username, a secure password, billing, postal and physical addresses, mobile phone number, bank account information, and other information as determined by us from time to time.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for:
- maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Account information and your password; and
- any activities and those of any third parties that occur through your Account, whether those activities have been authorised by you or not.
- You warrant that any information you give to us in the course of completing the Account registration process will always be accurate, honest, correct and up-to-date.
- Once you complete the Account registration process, we may, in our absolute discretion, choose to accept you as a registered user within the Website and provide you with an Account.
- We may, in our absolute discretion, suspend or cancel your Account for any reason, including for any failure to comply with these terms.
- shopping & PRODUCTS
- We will endeavour to ensure that the Products provided will be substantially the same as the Products displayed on our Website, or as otherwise agreed with you in writing prior to you placing your Order. Please note that due to screen display, colour and brightness, and image quality, Products may not exactly match the image on our Website.
- Until the price of your Products is paid in full, title in those Products is retained by The Southport Wrecekers. Risk in the Products will pass to you on delivery in accordance with clause 5. Delivery must not be refused by you.
- vouchers and discount codes
- We may provide promotional materials and discount codes offering a discount on the Products (Voucher). To use a Voucher, you will need to enter its code at checkout.
- A Voucher cannot be applied retrospectively to an Order. Vouchers are non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash or store credit.
- If any additional terms or conditions apply to the Voucher, these will be set out on the Voucher.
All prices are:
- per unit (except where indicated);
- in Australian Dollars; and
- subject to change prior to you completing an Order without notice.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, you must pay for all Products at the time of placing an Order.
Unless otherwise indicated, amounts stated on the Website do not include GST. In relation to any GST payable for a taxable supply by the Southport Wreckers, you must pay the GST subject to Southport Wreckers providing a tax invoice.
Southport Wreckers reserves the right to charge credit card surcharges in the event that payments are made using a credit, debit or charge card (including Visa, MasterCard or American Express).
We may use third-party payment providers, such as Afterpay and Zip Pay (Payment Providers), to collect payments for Products. The processing of payments by the Payment Providers will be, in addition to these terms, subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Providers and we are not liable for the security or performance of the Payment Providers. We reserve the right to correct, or to instruct our Payment Providers to correct, any errors or mistakes in collecting your payment.
In the event that we discover an error or inaccuracy in the price at which your Order was purchased (including shipping prices), we will attempt to contact you and inform you of this as soon as possible. You will then have the option of purchasing your Order at the correct price, or cancelling your Order. If you choose to cancel your Order and payment has already been debited, the full amount will be credited back to your original method of payment.
- Afterpay is a payment option which allows you to be able to purchase what you want now and pay off the remaining amounts payable over 4 fortnightly instalments. Late fees may apply if you miss your scheduled payments. Please refer to the Afterpay website for more information, and their terms and conditions can be found here: afterpay.com/en-AU/terms-of-service. Afterpay may be selected as a payment method at checkout.
- Our returns and exchange process as set out in clause 8 will apply for Afterpay returns. Please ensure to continue paying any Afterpay instalments even after you have returned a Product. Remaining instalments will only be cancelled once the return has been processed. For partial returns or exchanges, Afterpay will adjust your remaining instalment amounts.
- DELIVERY AND SHIPPING
We may, at our absolute discretion, offer free delivery in Australia and/or internationally (see the Website for countries that we ship to) on any Order (Free Delivery). If we decide to offer Free Delivery, the terms and conditions for Free Delivery will be set out on the Website.
For Orders that do not qualify for Free Delivery, delivery costs will be added to the cart upon checkout (Delivery Costs). Otherwise, the prices displayed at checkout are inclusive of delivery to the address chosen by you.
- Delivery Details
- We generally use Australia Post and Aramex Courier Services for domestic and international orders, however, we may ship our Products with any delivery service provider we deem appropriate.
- For the delivery of our Products, we offer:
- standard shipping throughout Australia and internationally; and
- express shipping within in Australia only.
- The cost of delivery for your Order will be calculated and displayed on our Website after you add the desired Products to your shopping cart and enter your delivery address.
- Southport Wreckers may charge you for delivery at any time (notwithstanding that it may not have previously done so). Where prices are stated as inclusive of delivery:
- delivery is to the delivery point specifically accepted by Southport Wreckers; and
- we will deliver the Products to you in accordance with the shipping information displayed on our Website.
- delivery issues
Third party courier terms apply to the delivery of the Products to you. Any problems with delivery should be directed to us to troubleshoot the issue. We will endeavour to assist you to ensure your delivery arrives. All delivery times provided to you are estimates only and are subject to postal delays and reasons beyond our control. We do not warrant or make any representation that your Order will be delivered within the times indicated. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of or in connection with late deliveries.
Southport Wreckers reserves the right to refuse international orders (International Orders). Approved International Orders may be subject to customs and import duties upon reaching its country of destination. You will be responsible for paying all customs and import duties and acknowledge that failure to pay may result in your Order being held at customs. We will not be liable for any costs you may incur in having your Order released from customs, including reimbursing you for any customs or import duties you may pay.
- LOCAL PICKUP
- We may allow you to select “Local Pickup” as an option on checkout.
- If you select “Local Pickup”, you agree to collect the Products from the collection address listed on our Website (or as otherwise notified to you) at a time agreed with us and no later than 7 days of us informing you that the Products are ready for collection.
- If you fail to collect the Products within this time, then unless you have made arrangements with us for late collection, we may cancel your Order and we may, in our absolute discretion:
- re-sell the Product; and/or
- require you to pay a re-stocking fee.
- We may require you to verify your identity upon collection.
- Collection is only available at times mutually agreed with us prior to collection. Products may not be collected during public holidays in Queensland.
- CHANGES TO YOUR ORDER
We reserve the right to cancel your Order for any reason, and will notify you of this as soon as possible. Where payment has already been debited, the full amount will be credited back to your original method of payment.
You may cancel your Order up to the time that we confirm your Order in writing to you. Once we confirm your Order, your Order is binding and cannot be changed by you. However, if you wish to make changes to your Order, please follow the returns, refunds and exchanges process in clause 8.
- RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
- change of mind returns
- If you are not satisfied with your Product for any reason, you may be entitled to a change of mind return (Return Products).
- You must submit a returns request by contacting us on email@example.com with the Order/invoice number. After you submit a returns request, you must send the Product back to us at your cost within 30 days of the date that the Product was purchased by you.
- Return Products must be:
- in original, unused and undamaged condition with all labels still attached and no scratches, stains, marks, breakages, blemishes or any other imperfections on the Products; and
- together with any proof of purchase, packaging for the Product, accessories, manuals and any other documentation or information reasonably required by us.
- We are not responsible for Return Products that are lost in transit or not received. We recommend you return any Return Products with tracking.
- If we determine, in our discretion, that you have met the requirements under this clause 8.1, we will issue you a refund equal to the purchase price of the Product (excluding any applicable shipping costs).
- If we determine that you have not met the requirements under this clause 8.1, we will not offer a return, and we may either keep the Product or deliver it back to your nominated address (at your cost).
- faulty products
We will offer you a refund where we determine that your Product is faulty. The following process applies to any Product you believe to be faulty:
- If you believe your Product is faulty, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Order/invoice number, name, address and a full description of the fault (including images and/or videos demonstrating the fault).
- If we determine that your Product may be faulty, we may request that you send the Product back to us at your cost for further inspection, including any proof of purchase, packaging, accessories, manuals, documentation or registration shipped with the Product and any other documentation or information reasonably required by us. We reserve the right to further inspection before deeming a Product faulty.
- If we determine in our reasonable opinion that the Product is not faulty, or is faulty due to fair wear and tear, misuse, failure to use in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, or failure to take reasonable care, we may refuse your return and return the Product back to you and charge you any associated shipping costs.
- If we determine that the Product is faulty, you may either request a replacement or refund of the Product (including shipping costs) depending on the nature of the fault. All refunds will be credited back to your original method of payment unless you request otherwise and we approve this request.
- If you fail to comply with the provisions of this clause 8.2 in respect of a faulty Product, we may, in our absolute discretion, issue only a partial refund or no refund in respect of the faulty Product.
- Nothing in this clause 8 is intended to limit or otherwise affect the operation of any manufacturers’ warranties which you may be entitled to or any of your rights which cannot be excluded under applicable law.
- We provide a limited 6 Month warranty for our approved Products.
- All other express or implied representations and warranties in relation to Products and the associated services performed by Southport Wreckers are, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, excluded.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Southport Wreckers retains all intellectual property rights in the design of the Products, including the labelling and packaging, or those rights are owned by a third party. You must not attempt to copy, reproduce, manufacture or otherwise commercialise the Products.
- In this clause 10, “intellectual property rights” means all copyright, trade mark, design, patent, semiconductor and circuit layout rights, trade, business, company and domain names, confidential and other proprietary rights, and any other rights to registration of such rights whether created before or after the date of these terms both in Australia and throughout the world.
- THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS
- We may do any of the following:
- outsource any part of performing any services related to providing the Products, including delivery of your Products; or
- procure materials and Products from third party suppliers,
without further notice to or permission from you.
- To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, we will not be liable for any acts or omissions of those third parties, including where such third parties cause delay or damage to any part of your Order, or are negligent in providing services or goods.
- RATINGS & REVIEWS
- We may allow you to rate a Product (Rating) and/or provide feedback to us regarding our Products and our service (Review), on the Website.
- You agree:
- to ensure that any Rating is a true and fair reflection of your opinion regarding a Product;
- to provide true, fair and accurate information in your Review; and
- You acknowledge that we may copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use any Rating and Review on the Website and any of our social media platforms.
- We reserve the right to remove or delete any Rating or Review for any reason.
- For When You Browse This Website…
- ACCESS AND USE OF THE WEBSITE
You must only use the Website in accordance with these terms and any applicable laws, and must ensure that your employees, sub-contractors and any other agents who use or access the Website comply with these terms and any applicable laws.
You must not:
- copy, mirror, reproduce, translate, adapt, vary, modify, sell, decipher or decompile any part or aspect of the Website without the express consent of Southport Wreckers;
- use the Website for any purpose other than the purposes of browsing, selecting or purchasing Products;
- use, or attempt to use, the Website in a manner that is illegal or fraudulent or facilitates illegal or fraudulent activity;
- use, or attempt to use, the Website in a manner that may interfere with, disrupt or create undue burden on the Website or the servers or networks that host the Website;
- use the Website with the assistance of any automated scripting tool or software;
- act in a way that may diminish or adversely impact the reputation of Southport wreckers including by linking to the Website on any other website; and
- attempt to breach the security of the Website, or otherwise interfere with the normal functions of the Website, including by:
- gaining unauthorised access to Website accounts or data;
- scanning, probing or testing the Website for security vulnerabilities;
- overloading, flooding, mailbombing, crashing or submitting a virus to the Website; or
- instigate or participate in a denial-of-service attack against the Website.
- While we make every effort to ensure that the information on the Website is up-to-date and accurate as possible, you acknowledge and agree that we do not (to the maximum extent permitted by law) guarantee that:
- the Website will be free from errors or defects (or both, as the case may be);
- the Website will be accessible at all times;
- messages sent through the Website will be delivered promptly, or delivered at all;
- information you receive or supply through the Website will be secure or confidential; and
- any information provided through the Website is accurate or true.
- We reserve the right to change any information or functionality on the Website by updating the Website at any time without notice, including product descriptions, prices and other Website Content.
- You acknowledge and agree that any information available through our Website does not consider all factors regarding your vehicles specifications and installation requirements; and
- NOT PROFESSIONAL ADVICE
- The Website may contain a message board, published articles, blog posts and videos which contain, among other things, installation instructions, car part related suggestions, opinions and advice, and information relating to our Products.
- You acknowledge and agree that we are not providing any professional advice on our Website. Any information or materials provided by us on our Website:
- is not intended to be a substitute of professional mechanical services or car part advice and should not be relied on as such; and
- is information only, based on (as relevant) our personal opinion, knowledge and experience.
- NO GUARANTEED OUTCOME
We do not guarantee that information on our website will enable you to achieve any particular outcomes, or any outcomes at all.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Southport Wreckers retains ownership of the Website and all materials on the Website (including text, graphics, logos, design, icons, images, sound and video recordings, pricing, downloads and software) (Website Content) and reserves all rights in any intellectual property rights owned or licensed by it not expressly granted to you.
- You may make a temporary electronic copy of all or part of the Website for the sole purpose of viewing it. You must not otherwise reproduce, transmit, adapt, distribute, sell, modify or publish the Website or any Website Content without prior written consent from Southport Wreckers The or as permitted by law.
- In this clause 15, “intellectual property rights” means all copyright, trade mark, design, patent, semiconductor and circuit layout rights, trade, business, company and domain names, confidential and other proprietary rights, and any other rights to registration of such rights whether created before or after the date of these terms both in Australia and throughout the world.
- THIRD PARTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You acknowledge and agree that third party terms & conditions (Third Party Terms) may apply.
- You agree to any Third Party Terms applicable to any third party goods and services, and Southport Wreckers will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you in connection with such Third Party Terms.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- The Website may contain links to other websites that are not our responsibility. We have no control over the content of any linked websites, and we are not responsible for that content.
- Inclusion of any linked website on the Website does not imply our approval or endorsement of the linked website.
- THIRD PARTY PLATFORM
- This Website is powered by a third party platform and the terms and conditions of that third party may apply to your use of this Website to the extent applicable to you. Those terms can be accessed here https://wordpress.com/tos/
- To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law and our agreement with our third party platform provider, we will not be liable for any acts or omissions of that third party, including in relation to any fault or error of the Website or any issues experienced in placing Orders.
Southport Wreckers does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to computer systems, mobile phones or other electronic devices arising in connection with use of the Website. You should take your own precautions to ensure that the process that you employ for accessing the Website does not expose you to risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference.
If you become aware of misuse of the Website by any person, any errors in the material on the Website or any difficulty in accessing or using the Website, please contact us immediately at email@example.com or using the form provided on our Website.
- Liability And Other Legal Terms
- (Liability) To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Southport Wreckers limits all liability in aggregate of all claims to you (and any third parties who encounter the services or goods through you) for loss or damage of any kind, however arising whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute, equity, indemnity or otherwise, arising from or relating in any way to this agreement or any goods or services provided by Southport Wreckers to amount paid by you to Southport Wreckers in the 6 months preceding the date of the event giving rise to the relevant liability.
- Claims for loss of or damage to Products in transit must be made against the carrier.
- Products sold by Southport Wreckers, will have only the benefit of the limited warranty set out at clause 9 and any warranty given, and insurance held, by the manufacturer.
- All other express or implied representations and warranties in relation to Products and the associated services performed by Southport Wreckers are, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, excluded.
- Nothing in this agreement is intended to limit the operation of the Australian Consumer Law contained in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (ACL). Under the ACL, you may be entitled to certain remedies (like a refund, replacement or repair) if there is a failure with the goods or services we provide.
- (Indemnity) You indemnify Southport Wreckers and its employee, contractors and agents in respect of all liability for any claim(s) by any person (including any third party who encounter the services or goods through you) arising from your or your representatives’:
- breach of any third party intellectual property rights;
- breach of any of these terms;
- use of the Website;
- negligent, wilful, fraudulent or criminal act or omission; or
- use of any goods or services provided by Southport Wreckers.
- (Consequential loss) To the maximum extent permitted by law, under no circumstances will Southport Wreckers be liable for any incidental, special or consequential loss or damages, or damages for loss of data, business or business opportunity, goodwill, anticipated savings, profits or revenue arising under or in connection with this Website, these terms or any Products or services provided by Southport Wreckers (except to the extent this liability cannot be excluded under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)).
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This agreement is governed by the law applying in Queensland, Australia. Each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia and courts of appeal from them in respect of any proceedings arising out of or in connection with these terms. Each party irrevocably waives any objection to the venue of any legal process on the basis that the process has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
No party to these terms may rely on the words or conduct of any other party as a waiver of any right unless the waiver is in writing and signed by the party granting the waiver.
Any term of these terms which is wholly or partially void or unenforceable is severed to the extent that it is void or unenforceable. The validity and enforceability of the remainder of these terms is not limited or otherwise affected.
- JOINT AND SEVERAL LIABILITY
An obligation or a liability assumed by, or a right conferred on, two or more persons binds or benefits them jointly and severally.
A party cannot assign, novate or otherwise transfer any of its rights or obligations under these terms without the prior written consent of the other party.
Except as otherwise provided in these terms, each party must pay its own costs and expenses in connection with negotiating, preparing, executing and performing these terms.
This agreement embodies the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior negotiation, conduct, arrangement, understanding or agreement, express or implied, in relation to the subject matter of these terms.
- (singular and plural) words in the singular includes the plural (and vice versa);
- (currency) a reference to $, or “dollar”, is to Australian currency;
- (gender) words indicating a gender includes the corresponding words of any other gender;
- (defined terms) if a word or phrase is given a defined meaning, any other part of speech or grammatical form of that word or phrase has a corresponding meaning;
- (person) a reference to “person” or “you” includes an individual, the estate of an individual, a corporation, an authority, an association, consortium or joint venture (whether incorporated or unincorporated), a partnership, a trust and any other entity;
- (party) a reference to a party includes that party’s executors, administrators, successors and permitted assigns, including persons taking by way of novation and, in the case of a trustee, includes any substituted or additional trustee;
- (these terms) a reference to a party, clause, paragraph, schedule, exhibit, attachment or annexure is a reference to a party, clause, paragraph, schedule, exhibit, attachment or annexure to or of these terms, and a reference to these terms includes all schedules, exhibits, attachments and annexures to it;
- (document) a reference to a document (including these terms) is to that document as varied, novated, ratified or replaced from time to time;
- (headings) headings and words in bold type are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation;
- (includes) the word “includes” and similar words in any form is not a word of limitation; and
- (adverse interpretation) no provision of these terms will be interpreted adversely to a party because that party was responsible for the preparation of these terms or that provision.
- Any notices required to be sent under this agreement must be sent via email using the party’s email addresses set out in this agreement, and the email’s subject heading must refer to the name and date of this agreement.
- If no email address is stated in this agreement, the notice may be sent to the email address most commonly used by the parties to correspond in relation to this agreement at the time the notice is sent.
- The notice will be considered to be delivered 24 hours after it was sent, unless the sender has reason to believe the email failed to send or was otherwise not delivered or received.
This allows you to charge for Express Shipping where applicable.
Please note that the ACL allows the customer to choose either a replacement or refund if the fault with a product is major – this is alluded to at clause 7.2(d). Replaced products must be of an identical type to the product already supplied.
I have assumed this is the relevant contact email for reporting misuse of your website. If you have a different email that better deals with these enquiries, please remove and insert the relevant email address.